Crooked House Theatre Actors Forum
Crooked House Theatre Website
Forum Home Forum Home > Actors' Forum > Audition Notices: Unpaid Work
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Casting 1 Female Lead for Film

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dave murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Casting 1 Female Lead for Film
    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 4:39pm
Hi, I hope you are all well 

My name is Dave Murray. I have recently graduated from TU Dublin with degree in Film and Broadcasting. I have an ambitious  script for a short film  that I am in the process of casting now. I know that this is not the time to be making any immediate plans but I would realistically say that it will be made some time by late summer/early autumn provided everybody agrees on dates/ times etc. Pre-production has begun. As for casting, I am open to applicants for the next 3 weeks or perhaps a little longer.

Short Film - An Obscure Voyage

The film is about a vast spiritual journey that a girl, LYDIA, undertakes in order to escape from and go beyond the monotony and anxieties of her every-day life. She journeys deep into the dark corridors of her mind in order to eventually transcend and find a  place of solace that offers bliss and tranquility. The journey takes place by getting into a box.  The box is the route to transcendence. The box is where the psychological adventure takes place for anyone who seeks it. The film focuses on Lydia's own personal journey that involves random encounters with characters from her past through to her subconscious through to the present and offers a tidal wave of ambiguity along the way. The film is a precise visual piece with a slow-paced dispassionate style.

Casting

1 Lead female LYDIA - mid twenties but age-range can be flexible ( The whole film will centre around this character and how she reacts to her surroundings - It is an emotional roller coaster journey - This is a non-theatrical role - Experience is not essential)
1 Supporting female MIRANDA - mid twenties but age-range can be flexible (This character will appear in one scene in the film only with no dialogue but with feature strongly in that specific scene. This character has all of the same features as Lydia -This is a non-theatrical role - Experience is not essential)

Please apply by email with head-shot and any material you have. 

boxfirefilms20@gmail.com

Successful applicants will receive an email reply with the script in a few weeks and hopefully by that stage we can get to meet in person and talk at a later date  when everything is back to normality if it ever is Big smile

Also, because we are only graduating from college and are only in the process of beginning to set up a production company we have no budget  and cannot offer salaries right now. That may change but for now all I can offer is a damn good film (and the obvious transport, accomodation etc will be covered depending on locations of shoot etc).

Thanks again
Take care
D

Post Reply Post Reply