Crooked House Theatre Actors Forum
Crooked House Theatre Website
Forum Home Forum Home > Actors' Forum > Audition Notices: Unpaid Work
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Casting for Reading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote marycatesmithactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Casting for Reading
    Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 11:23pm

Casting Call for a play reading. The play is in a preliminary stage and will not be performed before an audience at this stage. The play was written from an idea which was sparked from participating in the Fishamble Theatre Company playwriting course. It has been sent to various theatre companies and will be performed at a later date this year after some rigorous re-drafting. For purposes of this reading, actors need to be comfortable with scenes of a graphic sexual nature, extremely explicit language and black humour regarding taboo subjects, specifically mental health. Casting in the reading may not lead to casting in the play. It is unpaid but actors would only be required to be present for two to three hours. We'll have cups of tea, lots of chocolate and some interesting and insightful discussions about theatre, I hope! There's no money in it for anyone at this stage. Feedback, however, would be very much welcomed from the actors.  Looks are not hugely important but the accent is extremely important for the character of Lynn.

Character Breakdown:

Female: 58-65, very thin. Accent not important.
Female: 27-33. Accent not important. 
Female: 45-52, strong working class Dublin accent. Tattoos preferable. 
Female: 36-42. Curvy. Any accent. 
Male: 35-40 with beard. Any accent. 
Male. 30-38. Dreadlocks. Very attractive. Preferably Dublin accent.

If you're interested please email marycatesmithactor@gmail.com with your name, age and phone number and I will email everyone back. 

Kind regards,
Mary Cate.
marycatesmithactor View Drop Down

Quote marycatesmithactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 12:05pm
This will take place in the Lab, Foley Street from 6-9 Thursday 12th March.

Edited by marycatesmithactor - 02 Mar 2015 at 10:41pm
Kind regards,
Mary Cate.
marycatesmithactor View Drop Down

Quote marycatesmithactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 11:44am
Thank you SO much to all the incredibly talented actors who applied for my reading. I'm overwhelmed by the response and the positivity and creative energy that we have in our little pool! Please do not be disheartened if you weren't chosen; I cast the actors by those who were the most age-appropriate to the roles I had written and if there was more than one actor suitable for the role, I went with the person who had approached me first. The reading is fully cast now so I am not taking any more emails but thank you to each and every person who contacted me for your time and your consideration. You are all legends! 

Best of luck to everyone. 

Mary Cate. 
Kind regards,
Mary Cate.
 Post Reply Post Reply